- Fully guided 510km – 6 day road cycling tour with 7213m of climbing
- Exploring by bike the highest point by bike in Australia,from the Mountains to the Coast Route
- Massage per rider – 20 min rub down on Day 3
- Yoga stretch class on afternoon of arrival (loosen body after travelling )
- Quiet alpine roads
- Local Bike Shop bike mechanic tuneup (lube check) on 1st day
- 2 fully qualified Ride Leaders
- Support vehicle
At a glance
- Minimum group size : 12
- 5 day Riding
- Support Vehicle on Day 2-5
- 1hr yoga class
- 20 min massage per ride after epic day
Accommodation & Meals
- 6 nights Twin share accommodation
- 6 breakfasts & 5 Dinners
- 4 lunchs
- rider snacks and hydration provided during the day
Day 1 – Arrive in Jindabyne in the afternoon. Meet at the group accommodation.
Accommodation: Jindabyne Lodge Style Twin share
Private yoga class 1 hr
Local Bike Shop bike mechanic tuneup (lube check) on 1st day
Meals: Dinner at a local Jindabyne Restaurant
Day 2 – Cycle from the Mountains to the Coast (EPIC day of riding), Jindabyne to Merimbula
Total of 193km / 2227m of ascent/approx 7.5 hrs of riding at av speed 26.5km/hr
Accommodation:Beach Cabins MerimbulaTwin share
Meals: Breakfast,packed lunch in Bombala, Dinner at a coastal restaurant
Day 3 – Day on the Coast
40km coastal Recovery ride , free day to explore (group activity will be provided tba at additional cost)
Accommodation: Beach Cabins MerimbulaTwin share (2nd Night)
20 min massage per rider post ride
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner at a local Pub / lunch not included
Day 4 – Return ride from Merimbula to Bombala
Total of 93km
Accommodation: Heritage Guest House & Restaurant TBC
Meals: Breakfast,lunch, Dinner
Day 5 – Cycle from Bombala to Jindabyne
Total of 106km
Accommodation: Jindabyne Lodge Style Twin share (2nd night)
Meals: Breakfast,lunch, Dinner at a local Jindabyne restaurant
Day 6 – Cycle to highest Point by bike on road, Iconic ride from Jindabyne to Perisher/Charlottes Pass – 64-84km
Post tour cafe lunch (Birchwood cafe) additional cost
Tour officially ends in the afternoon (additional night in Jindabyne possible)
Accommodation: extra night in Jindabyne available on request at additional cost
Meals: breakfast at lodge included, Lunch is not included in Jindabyne (extra cost)
Day 2 - 5
- Experienced English-speaking fully accredited cycling guides
- Providing overnight luggage transport between accommodations, and access to daypacks during the day
- Accommodation as described
- Meals as described
- Support Vehicle
- 20 min massage per rider on day 3
- 1 hr private yoga class on day 1
- Local Bike shop – tuneup on 1st afternoon (lube/checking brakes working/gear change included) additonal mechanical issues at extra cost.
During this trip, the group will spend 5 nights in comfortable sustainable lodge/motel/cabin style accommodation which have been chosen on account of their authentic charm and friendly service.
All accommodation is arranged on a twin sharing basis. If you are travelling by yourself you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex.
single rooms are available for a supplementary cost.
Additional hotel nights in Jindabyne on the Sunday night can also be booked. Hotels are subject to availability and prices may vary.
Day 2 - 5
Providing access to daypacks during the day
Bike rack availabilityfor up to 7 bikes
Sag wagon (we will encourage you to complete the days ride and this is a final option to get in the car)
Provides snacks and hydration during the days ride
We recommend that you travel with one main bag for your overnight luggage, such as a medium sized duffel style bag
A small day pack which can be used to carry change of weather gear (rainjackets), extra nutrition and personal items like sunscreen, medication.
Although dominated by a montane climate, with no dry season and a mild summer, the Australian Alps Bioregion contains a patch of true alpine climate.
During summer the occasional dry, sunny day can see daytime temperatures rising above 30°C but the nights are cool.
IMPORTANT – It is a condition of joining any of our trips that you are insured against medical and personal accident risks (to include repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services).
We also strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance, as all deposits paid are non-refundable.
Please ensure that your insurer is aware of our itinerary and can agree to cover the activities being undertaken.