Your bike should be in good working order, with good quality tyres fitted. No time trial bikes, hybrids or mountain bikes. No clip on aero bars. No disc wheels. Deep section wheels are not advised due to the high winds.
We recommend a mid compact gearing on.
Tom Groggin recommendation:
11-28t cassette, 11-32t this time, and it works just fine with a short cage rear derailleur, a compact crankset with a 34/52 combination.
YES – please advise when booking Gluten free/vegan/vegetarian/lactose intolerance.
We recommend that you have adequate travel insurance organized before you come on tour that covers baggage, health, travel and accident insurance.
BUPA offers a $39/year Emergency only Ambulance cover
The ‘AmiciAmore’ – Our loyal Rider Program
We have a lot riders who come back and ride with us year after year and we really appreciate this. We also want you to feel valued as an Australian Alpine Cycling Retreat returning rider. This is why we have setup our ‘AmiciAmore’ loyalty program which offers a 10% discount.
Please contact us when doing a return booking and we will advise you of the discount code.
Base level of bike fitness determined by the tour you choose, we can help get you tourfit by contacting us for a complimentary 8-12 week TOURFIT training programme.
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise and accept the risks and hazards potentially involved in adventure holidays and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen trip. You must tell us if you have an existing medical condition or disability that might affect your holiday or other group members’ enjoyment of it, before you book your holiday. If, in our reasonable opinion, your chosen holiday is not suitable for your medical condition or disability we reserve the right to refuse your booking. We reserve the right to cancel the contract if medical problems are discovered and, in this eventuality, we will give a full refund but no compensation. You are responsible for bringing with you the proper clothing and equipment, which we advise you about in our printed trip information and pre-departure information pack.
We require all guests to fill out a Medical questionnaire which will be sent to you after you have paid your deposit. The document must be completed and returned to us prior to the balance on the tour being paid. Our receipt of the completed and signed form will complete your reservation.
Opt 1 –Restaurant
Consumption is paid for individually at meals provided while on tour at restaurants.
Opt 2 – Wine Kitty for when at remote locations
How a wine kitty works?
Mainly because we appreciate that not every one wants to drink wine we choose to run an optional wine kitty for each tour. The amount that it costs to be part of the kitty varies from tour to tour and very much depends on the quality of the wines that can be found in the region in which we are travelling.
Please note that the guides always pay their way in the kitty and that in the event that there is any money left over it is divided up and handed back to the members of the kitty. This rarely happens though!
The simple answer to this is that it is your holiday and you can choose to ride as much or as little as you like.
Our grading system is designed to act as a guide to help participants choose the tour best suited to their cycling abilities and what group A or B (if available that departs each day of the tour). Please be aware that a certain degree of subjectivity is inherent in attempts to classify difficulty levels and therefore we generally suggest that you underestimate rather than overestimate your capabilities.
That said our van support is second to none and there is no shame in hitching a lift if you need to.
Prices, Booking Conditions and Payment
Our prices are in Australian Dollars. To reserve your tour we require a deposit of 50% per person. The balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to departure. If reserving your trip within 60 days of departure, full payment is required. After completing the online booking form and paying the deposit/balance, we will send you a receipt/invoice for the tour you have chosen.
If you pay for your trip in a different currency we use www.xe.com to calculate the rate. This rate is calculated from the date we receive your deposit, after which our normal booking and payment terms and conditions apply.
If you wish to have a private room for the whole trip we do charge a single supplement to individual travellers. Contact us for the supplement fee.
Cancelling/Switching Trips/transfer to another person
If you must cancel your reservation, the fees for doing so are as follows: DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE CANCELLATION FEE
91+ Admin fee –$75
61-90 25% of trip price
31-60 50% of trip price
0-30 100% of trip price
- Riding sessions per week: 3-4
- Functional strength training sessions per week: 1
- Hours per week riding: 7-10 @25km
- Distance per week: 175km
- Riding sessions per week: 4-6
- Functional strength training sessions per week: 3
- Hours per week riding: 7-15 @25km/15mi
- Distance per week:175km/105mi– 380km/234mi
- Avg hours per week for program: 10.6hrs @25km/15mi
- Avg distance per week for program: 251km/153mi
- We have our own customised Online booking form
- First you choose a tour that interests you.
- Once you have chosen your tour, fill out the Booking Form or send us an email. It’s not necessary for you to fill out all the fields immediately if you don’t know all the details yet, but the more information you provide the better we can assist you.
- Once we have received your booking request, we will confirm availability for your requested dates, and send you your personalised itinerary for the Tour.
- If you are ready to go ahead with Full payment, we will send you an invoice. This must be paid by Credit Card (via website) or direct transfer in order to finalise your booking.
- For further details, including Terms and Conditions, please see the Booking Form.
- The easiest way to make your booking is online. You will need to pay a deposit at the time of booking. This is 50%. Late bookings will require full payment. We cannot confirm any booking until we receive your fully completed booking form.